Saturday, November 28, 2009

Power Shots

This will be a quick and simple post, because I have tons of pictures of Jilly's birthday that will take some time to get organized and properly described, so that will be it's own post.

Jason went for his 4 month well-baby visit this week, only a month late! Oh well, his 2 month appt was also a month late. He is a healthy and strong guy. I have to say I was quite surprised by his measurements! He seems totally normal to me, about the same size as Jilly was, and she was usually in the high percentiles (like 70s & 80s, head always in the 90s). But his weight (15lbs 4.5oz) is only in like the 25th percentile and his height (25.25 inches) is about the same, and his head (17 inches) is in the 25-50th percentile too. This really surprised me, because his head was in the 95th percentile two months ago, and let's face it, Jilly has a huge head, so I assumed Jason would too. I know boys have different growth charts than girls, so really they are similar sizes, just boys are generally bigger I guess. But it still seems odd. Oh well. I wasn't very impressed with the PA-C we saw, so when we go back for his 6 month appt, I'm going to ask to see someone else. He got a few vaccines, though I am delaying one for now, but there were no worries brought up and he was a very calm and happy baby.

Jason is teething these days and has been for like a month. This past Sunday I noticed there was a white line in his gums. I thought I might be seeing things, so I asked Michelle if she saw them too, and she said she did. So his teeth are getting closer! The poor guy hasn't been super bothered, but it has been enough discomfort to keep him from napping well lately. This is younger than Jilly teethed, but luckily so far neither of my kids have been inconsolable with it. Jason is also getting VERY giggly and rolling over from his tummy to his back all the time. In fact, we usually lay him down on his tummy to sleep, because he can't ever seem to fall/stay asleep on his back. But most of the time when I go in to pick him up or just check on him, he has rolled onto his back. :-D I've seen him sleep there for over 6 hours, so that's good. He also scoots around like crazy in his crib. He pushes with his feet and gets some propulsion going, but doesn't move his arms, so he usually face-plants and then rolls to his side. It's funny because it seems like the opposite of Jilly. She seemed like she could get everything, except for her feet under her to move her forward. He LOVES putting everything into his mouth and holding on to things very tightly in his hands. His teething ring is his best friend right now. The kid bites so hard that he makes my knuckles hurt! But he is a very good baby, and a definite Mama's boy. (Yay!)

My baby girl, Jillian, is now 3 years old! Time has flown. It seems like she was so little just yesterday and here she is, about to start Sunbeams in a month. She had a marvelous birthday and got quite the haul! Lots of presents and lots of treats! What a lucky and loved girl she is.

Thanksgiving was a wonderful, relaxing day, with yummy food and excellent company. We are so blessed to have so much family, so close.

That's it for now. I will post pics of Turkey Day and Jilly's birthday later!

No comments: