Monday, April 4, 2011

C is for Cookie

My kid is in love with a blue, plush puppet. IN LOVE. At least 6,752 times a day, Jason climbs up next to me in the chair, lays his head sweetly on my chest and relentlessly asks "Cookie, Mama? Cookie, Mama?" until I finally give in and hit the bookmark for the Cookie Monster video. He never gets angry or yells about it, just asks over and over and over and over again, "Cookie, Mama?" It's all very sweet and adorable and one of the ways I can actually get him to sit quietly with me, for even a few minutes. So we watch it, a lot. Steve came up with the brilliant idea of having a Cookie Monster themed birthday party for Goo's 2nd birthday, complete with a cookie cake. Not only was this an adorable idea, but it also sounded delightfully simple and do-able to someone who will be 2-4 weeks postpartum. :-D

So, because I like to share things that my kids love, here is the C is for Cookie video. May another 'Cookie Monster' monster be created in your house. ;-) Jason's gotta have something to talk to the other kids about in Nursery, right?


1 comment:

Stacey said...

Are you sure he just doesn't want a cookie?! That seems more like what an almost 2 year old would ask for!